Green Works is a reimagined version of Green Street Studios’ Emerging Artist/New Works program, which has supported the development of new works for more than ten years. Green Works is an expansion of that program, which now includes two choreographic workshop sessions for choreographers to deepen their creative research and two works-in-progress showings for choreographers to engage in facilitated, rigorous dialogue about their developing projects while in residence at Green Street Studios.
Whether you are looking for support for your first work or your fifteenth, this program is for you!
What you get:
- 20 hours of rehearsal space at Green Street Studios
- 2 evenings of a fully produced concert at Green Street Studios with selected artists
- 4 process sessions with facilitators and peer artists
- a chance to meet new dancers in the first working studio session
- experience collaboratively self-producing a concert
- discounted Moving Target classes for you and all dancers for the duration of the program
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Artist Resume. Not to exceed three pages.
- Artist Statement 500 words or less.
- Brief discussion of what you would like to make and how you would use the residency time this spring including why you are interested in the program at this point in your choreographic career, how you have worked in the past and how you would like to work in the future, and your primary choreographic questions right now. Not to exceed one page, single spaced.
- Web link to video of your work. Must be a complete piece or a continuous excerpt not to exceed ten minutes total. Can be two excerpts totaling ten minutes, but no clip reels, please.
- Mail check for $25 application fee to Green Street Studios, 185 Green St. Cambridge, MA 02139
Dates (you MUST be able to commit to the following dates; casts must be identified byMarch 1 and must also be able to commit to dates from March 1 on):
- Saturday, February 1, 3-7pm (open to any dancers for participation)
- Saturday, March 1, 3-7pm (casts and choreographers)
- Saturday, March 15, 3-7pm (casts and choreographers)
- Saturday, April 5, 3-7pm (casts and choreographers)
- Friday, April 18 TBD Tech slots (casts and choreographers)
- Friday & Saturday April 18 & 19, Performances (casts and choreographers)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 28, MIDNIGHT 2014
Happy New Year From Green Street Studios
Come support your local community dance artists and friends!
Performance at Green Street Studios December 6th and 7th 8pm
Work will be presented by Marcus Shulkind, Luminarium Dance, Jody Webster, Kathleen Nasti, Kieran Jodan & Sean Clohessy, Dnaiel McCusker, David Sun and Gwen Baum.
Reserve your tickets here: http://www.
$20 General Adminission
$15 BDA/GSS Members
$35 Supporter Ticket
We will also be collecting for a raffle with great prizes such as a free BDA Membership, Tickets to Boston Ballet’s Performance of “Pricked”, Handmade items and more!
To support Green Street Studios” transition plan, the Boston dance community will converge in a three performances to raise funds to make this relocation possible on September 14th and 15th in Green Street’s own black box theatre.
This exciting weekend of performances will showcase Greater Boston area choreographers and dance companies who regularly rehearse, perform and contribute to the Green Street Studios community. Participating choreographers and companies include Annie Kloppenberg and Co, Audra Carabetta, Audrey MacLean, Ego Art Inc., Sarah Mae Gibbons, Impact Dance Company, Intimations Dance, Angie Moon Dance Theatre, Mariah Steele/Quicksilver Dance, and SPUNKandCO. Expect to see a dynamic range of modern and contemporary dance pieces including new works and repertory excerpts exploring a variety of subject matters. The performance be held in Green Street’s black box theatre, and all ticket costs will directly support Green Street Studios’ transition plan.
Saturday September 14th 3:00pm and 8:00pm
Sunday September 15th 8:00pm
Green Street Studios, 185 Green Street, Cambridge, MA 02139
Tickets: $20 General Admission, $15 BDA Discount, $35 Supporter
Reserve tickets here:
Dear Green Street Studio Community-
We regret to inform you that due to the many HVAC repairs done in both studio 1 and 2 it is required that we raise rehearsal rentals $1/hr. This change will be effective on all rentals after Aug 19th 2013. We thank you for your support and understanding as we work to maintain comfortable and safe environments for all of you to work and create.
NEW RENTAL RATES EFFECTIVE MONDAY AUG 19TH
Studio 1 – $16/hr
Studio 2 – $13.50/hr
- Green Street Studios